Best Practices in Governance
Driving Stakeholders’ Value to Outperform Competitors
Governance is the system by which companies are directed and managed. It should guarantee that the whole organization is aligned to the objectives of the board and vice versa that reliable operational information is reported. As a consequence, it is a major accountability on all levels of an organization. Governance influences how objectives are set and can be achieved, how risks are controlled and how performance can be optimized.
Best practices in governance help companies define the structure of their board, set accountability and ethics, define access to information and guarantee independence of controls.
To provide insights on the key components of an organization’s governance framework
To help define the accountabilities and responsibilities
To clarify the stakeholders rights and duties
To demonstrate how organizational objectives can be better achieved through efficient and effective governance
To review the current best practices and frameworks of governance
1. Introduction to governance
2. Governance practices
3. Board and management Role
4. Independence of the board
5. Responsible and ethical decision making
6. Integrity of financial reporting
7. Timely and balanced disclosure
8. Roles and responsibilities of shareholders
9. Internal controls
10. Board effectiveness and reward
• Executives, board members and senior management involved in strategic roles wishing to implement or improve the current governance framework in place.
Theory and concepts illustrated by an accredited trainer with sound expertise and experience in governance.
Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant governance issues to real life experience.