ITIL® Capabilities Stream - Operational Support & Analysis
The Service Capability series is focused on role-based clusters in a modular set, each with a certification. Each cluster contains groupings of processes and roles from within IT Service Management, intended to offer candidates a balanced knowledge of ITIL practices that have direct interaction and dependencies in their daily use.
The current module covers the following subject areas:
To enhance candidates’ capabilities to illustrate, explain and apply their knowledge of:
The importance of ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis while providing Service.
How all processes in ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
The processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis processes.
How to use the ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence.
How to measure ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis.
Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis.
Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis.
1. Introduction to ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis
2. Processes (Event Management / Incident Management / Request Fulfillment / Access Management / Problem Management)
3. Roles and Responsibilities (Service Desk / Technical Management / IT Operations Management / Application Management)
4. Technology and Implementation Considerations
• Staff involved in Operational Support & Analysis of IT Services.
• Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.
• Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL® in Operational Support & Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT services.
• ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
• Familiarity with the terminology and the context of the course in their own business environment.
• Have exposure working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing on at least one of the topics of the course.
- Theory and concepts illustrated by a trainer with sound expertise and experience in ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis.
- Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis issues to real life experience.
- Practical exercises to enhance the reinforcement of the learning objectives.
ITIL® Certificate in Operational Support & Analysis.
Accredited Course Materials
o ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
o The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
o The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.