e-SCM Course Service Provider
Best Practices for Sourcing Management
e-Sourcing Capability Model (e-SCM) is a framework of best practices intended to provide both client and service provider organizations with guidance that will help them improve their sourcing activities.
The e-SCM for Service Provider course consists of an introduction to the concepts, terminology, and structure of the model specifically dedicated to the service provider. Participants will gain an understanding of the value of the model, learn about the e-SCM practices for sourcing, identify major characteristics of service providers at different capability levels, gain an introductory understanding of how the capability determination process is carried out, and be given ideas for introducing e-SCM in their own organizations.
To define the concept of IT-enabled sourcing
To describe the structure of the framework and the relationships between its components
To detail the sourcing practices related to the service provider
To be familiar with the concepts of capability and maturity determination
To provide guidance on how to implement the framework into a service provider organization
1. Introduction to Sourcing Management
2. Introduction to the e-SCM Framework
3. Service Provider Practices
a. Knowledge Management
b. People Management
c. Performance Management
d. Relationship Management
e. Technology Management
f. Threat Management
h. Service Design and Deployment
i. Service Delivery
j. Service Transfer
4. Capability Determination and Implementation
• Managers responsible for providing outsourcing services.
• Service providers interested in quality improvement or planning improvement programs.
• Service providers wanting to assess their sourcing capabilities.
• Clients seeking risk mitigation and consistent criteria for selection of providers.
Theory and concepts illustrated by an accredited trainer with sound expertise and experience in sourcing management.
Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant sourcing management issues to real life experience.
Practical exercises based on a case study to enhance the reinforcement of the learning objectives.