ISO-IEC 20000 Foundation
Standard for Service Management – Basic Knowledge
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT Service Management. It specifies and recommends an integrated set of processes that are aligned with and complementary to the IT Service Management approach defined within ITIL and other frameworks.
The Foundation course provides participants with an introductory knowledge of the contents and requirements of the last version (2011) of the standard as well as a basic understanding of how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organization.
To highlight the background of the standard
To understand how the standard is used in a typical service provider organization
To get insight in the scope, objectives, requirements, terms and definitions of the standard
To understand the certification scheme and prepare an organization for the audit
To prepare for the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certification
1. Introduction and background to ISO/IEC 20000
2. Terms and definitions
3. Service Management system
4. Scope, objectives and requirements
5. Certification scheme
6. Scoping and eligibility criteria
7. Planning and preparing for the audit
• People working in a service provider organization and requiring a basic understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content.
• Service owners, process owners and other service management staff wanting to gain knowledge about ISO/IEC 20000 and how it can be applied to their own organization.
• Consultants, implementers and auditors wanting to have access to the advanced level of certification (Practitioner and/or Auditor).
Some working experience in internal or external service provider organization.
Theory and concepts illustrated by a trainer with sound expertise and experience in service management.
Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant service management issues to real life experience.
ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate
The APMG Swirl ISO/IEC 20000 device is a trade mark of APM Group Ltd