ISO-IEC 20000 Practitioner
Standard for Service Management – Advanced Knowledge for Practitioners
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT Service Management. It specifies and recommends an integrated set of processes that are aligned with and complementary to the IT Service Management approach defined within ITIL and other frameworks.
The Practitioner course ensures that the participants have sufficient understanding of the last version (2011) of the standard to be able to analyze and apply their knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification. It covers the interpretation and application of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and enables practitioners to develop the service management capability of an organization and assess its readiness for certification within the ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme.
To explain and apply the requirements of Part 1
To assist and advise organizations in implementing a service management system
To understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping
To prepare and assess organizations readiness for the ISO/IEC 20000 certification
To assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000 and certification
To prepare organizations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG Certification Scheme
To prepare for the ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner certification
1. Introduction and background to ISO/IEC 20000 standard
2. ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme
3. Principles of IT service management
4. ISO/IEC 20000-1 (Part 1) - Service management system requirements
5. ISO/IEC 20000-2 (Part 2) - Guidance on the application of Part 1
6. Achieving ISO/IEC 20000 certification
7. Applicability, scoping and eligibility based on ISO/IEC 20000-3 (Part 3)
8. Preparation for formal certification, full and surveillance audits
• IT practitioners wanting to assist organizations to achieve or retain ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
• Consultants and implementers wanting to understand and be able to apply the content of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard within currently certified organizations or those considering certification.
• Candidates wanting to access the advanced level Practitioner certification.
• Fundamental knowledge of IT service management principles and processes.
• ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate or ITIL Foundation Certificate.
Theory and concepts illustrated by a trainer with sound expertise and experience in service management.
Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant service management issues to real life experience.
ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner Certificate
The APMG Swirl ISO/IEC 20000 device is a trade mark of APM Group Ltd