Effectively Measuring & Reporting Services NEW
Measuring the intangible to ensure tangible delivery
Customers are focused on the outcome of the services they use. They usually do not look into how the service is built and operated. A service provider organization must on the other hand make everything possible to ensure that the service is delivered as expected by the customer. Building indicators, metrics, thresholds and other reporting tools on the services is quite a challenge because a service is something intangible by nature! Which tool should therefore be used to verify that what is expected has been (or is going to be) correctly delivered?
The training Effectively Measuring and Reporting Services helps service provider organizations to select, implement and use key value indicators of a service like its performance, quality, cost, availability etc.
Outline the importance of customer driven measuring and reporting framework
Define tangible means to capture intangible outputs of a service
Select relevant service value indicators
Establish an economical structure of reports
Identify and addressing reporting audiences
Using measures and reports as an input of continual service improvement
1. The importance of measurements and reports
2. The intangible nature of a service
3. Measurement and Reporting framework
a. The DIKW concept: Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom
b. Selecting service indicators
c. Defining measurement tools, metrics, KPI’s and targets
d. The economics of reporting: from dashboard to scorecard
e. Addressing the wright audience with the wright reporting
4. Customer outcome perception vs. service reporting
5. Measuring and reporting for continual service improvement
6. Lessons learned in measuring and reporting services
• Process owners, service level managers or service delivery managers who need to define a measuring and reporting framework to ensure the correct delivery and outcome of services
• Business managers and supplier managers who want to establish a measurement and reporting framework to ensure value delivery of the services
Theory and concepts illustrated by a trainer with sound expertise and experience in Effectively Measuring & Reporting Services.
Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant Measuring & Reporting Services issues to real life experience.