Personal Skills for the Project Manager NEW
Enhance Personal Skills to Drive Projects to Success
No matter what project methodology is used, the Project Manager remains a key role in success or failure of projects. This central role in any project needs to be filled in with strong managers, having the right skills to facilitate effective steering, to manage the plan, to report on progress, escalate key issues and, last but not least, manage the temporary team of the project.
This course focuses on all key skills which a project manager needs. The different project manager accountabilities are reviewed: prepare the work of the Steering Committee, chair the different boards, facilitate and coordinate the work of the teams, manage all plans, risks and issues, report relevant topics and manage the communication plan inside and outside the project.
Enable project managers to clearly identify their roles and responsibilities
Provide a guidelines for aligning roles and responsibilities in each specific environment
Improve the skills to plan, organize and chair project meetings
Increase information management capabilities
Improve communication management capabilities
Enhance capabilities for (HR) problem detection, analysis and remediation
1. The Project Manager: navigating between different worlds
2. The Project Manager towards the Steering Committee
3. Plan, organize and chair meetings
4. Information Management and reporting
5. Team Management
6. Detecting, analyzing and remediating HR related issues
7. Managing the environment of the project
8. Communication Management Skills
• Project Managers wanting to enhance personal skills for improving hteir performance
• Project Directors or Managers of Project Offices wanting to support professionally the development and improvement of their team’s performance
• Experience as Project Manager is highly recommended
Theory and concepts illustrated by a trainer with sound expertise and experience in Project Steering and Management.
Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant Project Steering and Management issues to real life experience.