Managing a Competencies Plan NEW
Practically aligning the required Competencies with the Business
Spending money on training courses is a cost factor, managing competencies is an investment. The first cannot live with the latter.
The competencies plan must translate the fundamental needs for competencies of an organization to a practical and risk-mitigated plan till the level of personal engagements with each staff member.
The complexity to manage a competencies plan is double: at one hand, the plan must integrate many variables and risk factors regarding needs definition, staff turnover and success of development; on the other hand, the plan must involve the complete hierarchical pyramid to be successfully implemented, which is a challenge by its own
Help participants to build the competencies management business case
Provide techniques for expressing the needs for competencies in tangible and agreed variables
Achieve insight in different planning and allocation methods, integrating HR dynamics, risk management and economics
Enable techniques to build KPI and monitoring elements on the competencies plan
Provide insight in the different organizational options for competencies management, including the pros/cons analysis
Enhance the skills to explain the organizational model on competencies, to motivate and coach line managers with its implementation and to detect and remediate problems
1. Competencies planning: challenges & business case
2. Techniques for assessing the competencies needs
3. Making competencies needs tangible
4. The dynamics and risks in planning competencies
5. Allocation of competencies and objectives
6. Organizational models for competencies management
7. Implementation: managing the managers …
8. Controlling the plan: monitoring and adaptation
9. Practical tips and tricks
Directors and Managers with strategic and tactical accountability.
HR Directors and Managers, Resource Planners, Training and Competencies Managers with strategic and tactical HR responsibility.
Auditors, consultants and professionals with responsibility in defining and negotiating HR policies and budgets.
• Relevant experience in strategic and tactical HR Management, Resource Planning and Competencies Management
Theory and concepts illustrated by an experienced trainer with sound expertise and experience in managing a Competencies Plan.
Group discussions with the purpose to match the relevant HR and management of competencies plan issues to real life experience.